The Centre for International Governance Innovation (CIGI), a global think tank based in Waterloo, Ontario, is seeking a seasoned, professional Executive Assistant with impeccable organizational skills, and experience working with senior management and board members, for a 17-month contract.
The Executive Assistant is a fulltime position reporting to the President. The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day administrative functions related to the President’s office. At this level, it is expected that the incumbent function independently with very little direction, as well as possess strong initiative, and ability to foresee potential issues/problems that may arise in support of the President and senior management team, and CIGI’s Board.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recognize and anticipate the priorities and needs of the President and senior management team;
- Provide timely confidential support, reset priorities or schedules to respond to changing organizational needs;
- Proofread a variety of correspondence for and on behalf of the CIGI’s senior management team;
- Create agendas, presentations and reports under the guidance of the President;
- Schedule meetings including the preparation of meeting materials and the taking of minutes (meetings may be local or international in nature via phone/zoom or in person);
- Arrange the schedules of the President, which may include booking travel/accommodation arrangements for events and meetings;
- Manage the agenda for board meetings, including related correspondence and logistics, and draft board meeting minutes;
- Organize events spearheaded by the Executive office, including managing invitation lists and working with the Events team to ensure their smooth operation.
- Create, review, and manage expense reports and invoices.
- Regularly update and add data to contact database.
- Provide support to the Chair of the Board as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven track record (5-7 years) of support to a senior leader, including complex scheduling/calendar management and detailed international travel support
- Advanced knowledge in MS Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience in event management
- Experience with complex, multi-currency expense reports
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and handle several levels of requests at the same time
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
Interested applicants are invited to send a cover letter and resume along with salary expectations to [email protected] by September 28th, 2021.
We appreciate all candidates’ applications but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CIGI is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and accessible environment. Our goal is to attract and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities. We are committed to providing accommodation to applicants throughout the recruitment and hiring process.