CIGI is now accepting applications for volunteers, including high school/university/college students and/or mature, for the Events Department who can dedicate time to assist at least one or more Public Events a month.
We are recruiting for volunteers from:
- May 2022 through to August 2022 and,
- September 2022 through August 2023.
The Events Volunteer position is an exciting opportunity to develop and apply public relations and event execution skills. Duties may include event set-up and strike down, receiving guests, assisting with question-and-answer periods at lectures, etc. From time to time there are project-based requests for research to be done on future speakers, outreach, local interest groups for various lecture topics being addressed, etc. Volunteers may also be asked to assist with the distribution of outreach materials such as posters and postcards within Waterloo Region.
- Professional and polished
- Background or interest in International Relations, Global Studies, Political Science
- Knowledge of or previous event planning/execution experience
- Previous experience with customer service, public relations and/or public engagement
Time Commitment: events commonly occur during weekday evenings, though some opportunities will occur during weekends (daytime and evenings) and weekday daytime.
Selected applicants will be contacted for a pre-screening interview. For successful candidates, a mandatory volunteer training and orientation session will be completed prior to volunteering at CIGI.
If you are interested in this volunteer opportunity, please apply by submitting your resume and cover letter via email to: