The Centre for International Governance Innovation (CIGI) is seeking a Research Assistant to provide research support to CIGI’s President in areas primarily relating to global economic governance and scenarios for the emerging world order.
CIGI is an independent, non-partisan think tank based in Waterloo, Ontario, whose peer-reviewed research and trusted analysis influence policy makers to innovate. Its global network of multidisciplinary researchers and strategic partnerships provide policy solutions for the digital era with one goal: to improve people’s lives everywhere.
The ideal candidate has a strong foundation in macro-economics and has a clear passion for big picture thinking, analysis and innovation. Analytical and data skills are required. The candidate values equity, diversity and inclusion.
The position is flexible, for up to one year, but could be less. Competitive salary will be offered, commensurate with experience. Work could be either remote or at CIGI's offices in Waterloo, Ontario.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Research support on data collection and analysis
- Assistance in writing research papers, policy briefs, commentaries and op-eds
- Assistance in the organization of content for research meetings, workshops, and conferences
- Participation in events
- Other research and administrative tasks, as needed
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- A minimum of three years of university study in Economics or sufficient macro-economic study in Global Governance, Political Science, International Relations or Public Policy
- Knowledge and understanding of key policy and research issues on the international financial architecture, international economic affairs and global economic governance
- Proficiency in the use of MS Excel, Power BI or other data software
- Ability to access and utilize online scholarly and research materials
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and undertake research assignments with minimal supervision
Interested applicants are invited to send a cover letter and resume along with salary expectations to [email protected] by July 20, 2022. We appreciate all candidates’ applications but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CIGI is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and accessible environment. Our goal is to attract and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities. We are committed to providing accommodation to applicants throughout the recruitment and hiring process.