The Centre for International Governance Innovation (CIGI) is a global think tank based in Waterloo, Ontario. Founded in 2001, CIGI conducts policy research on international governance issues, including the global economy, global security and politics, and international law. A dynamic and innovative organization of leading researchers, policy practitioners and other professionals, CIGI has a unique opening for a Events Coordinator.
The Events Coordinator reports directly to the Community Relations and Events Manager. The Events Coordinator assists with the planning and execution of CIGI’s meetings and events on a team of five, with specific responsibility for on-site coordination of workshops, venue rentals and some public events and supporting the travel and coordination for off-site events.
- Ensures the preparation and execution of meetings and conferences, including catering, invitations, registration, venue and set-up;
- On-site support for third-party rental clients
- Work closely with other CIGI departments, external contacts and suppliers; helping to ensure expenses are kept within budget;
- Assists with development of event planning and travel coordination procedures;
- Updates the events pages of CIGI’s internal and external websites;
- Prepares communication materials such as conferences agendas, travel itineraries or invitations;
- Solicits post-event feedback and creates post-event reports;
- Supports the Events team in conference planning including international travel logistics such as air, hotel and ground transportation for CIGI personnel and distinguished guests of CIGI
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of the event planning industry, including catering, audio-visual and venue contracting;
- Team player with a high commitment to quality work and customer service;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community;
- Polished and professional personal demeanor; knowledge of the proper protocols (such as titles and honorifics) for addressing various constituents;
- Demonstrated project management skills; highly organized; able to meet deadlines; good problem-solving skills;
- Demonstrated ability to stay calm in a fast-paced environment; work independently on several projects concurrently; possess strong communication skills;
- Availability to work outside of normal business hours, such as evenings and weekends when required; available for occasional travel for out-of-town events;
- Experience in booking international travel would be an asset
- Minimum 1-3 years event planning or project management experience;
- Related post-secondary degree or diploma (travel, events management, public relations);
- Proficiency in MS Office;
- Driver’s license and a vehicle
Interested applicants are invited to send a cover letter and resume along with salary expectations to [email protected] by June 15, 2018. We appreciate all candidates’ applications but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CIGI is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and accessible environment. Our goal is to attract and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities. We are committed to providing accommodation to applicants throughout the recruitment and hiring process.