Web Developer (DevOps)
The Centre for International Governance Innovation (CIGI) is a global think tank based in Waterloo, Ontario. Created in 2001, CIGI conducts policy-oriented research on a wide range of international governance issues. A dynamic and innovative organization of leading researchers, policy practitioners and other professionals, CIGI has a unique opening for a Web Developer/DevOps to join its team.
Reporting to the Digital Media Manager, the Developer works as part of the Digital Media team and is responsible for building an assortment of digital properties. The Developer is expected to contribute ideas and recommendations, based on their software development experience, on how to build robust solutions that meet the needs of our stakeholders. The Developer is expected to stay current with industry trends and help keep CIGI development plans in line with how web technology is evolving.
As an organization committed to open source technology, CIGI fosters opportunities for developers to contribute to and initiate open source community projects. Developers are also encouraged to connect with the wider open source community by attending relevant workshops and conferences. CIGI is open to providing a flexible work arrangement.
- Developing tools and processes targeting deployment automation, test automation, performance testing and production monitoring
- Build and maintain a highly fault tolerant and high availability infrastructure on private/public cloud
- Actively participating in the software release processes with focus on the support of systems in the development environment, the transition to production and production monitoring and support
- Ensure security standards and requirements are incorporated into all solutions
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Linux/UNIX Administration and practical understanding of core TCP/IP networking, internet security, load balancing and routing concepts
- Scripting/development expertise with Python and Shell
- Experience using a variety of programming languages and frameworks; Python/Django/Wagtail/Drupal would be a bonus
- Confident and clear communication and problem solving
- Experience with website statistics software and data analysis
- Familiarity with a broad range of open-source products
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- 3-5 years’ experience in software development
- Diploma or degree in computer science, software development, or a related field is preferable
Interested applicants are invited to send a cover letter and resume along with salary expectations to [email protected] by 11 February 2018. We appreciate all candidates’ applications but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CIGI is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and accessible environment. Our goal is to attract and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities. We are committed to providing accommodation to applicants throughout the recruitment and hiring process.