Yesterday, during our final session of the day, we announced our Special Report on Climate Change in Africa, which presents the fruits of early research in the African Initiative.
Edited by Nelson Sewankambo and Hany Besada, the papers in this special report include:
- Overview: The Current Climate Change Situation in Africa
- Climate Change and Health: An Issue with Great Potential for Exacerbating Health Inequities in Africa
- Climate Change and Food Security in Africa
- Climate Change and Conflict in Africa
- Climate Change and Migration: Effects and Adaptation Mechanisms in Africa
- Climate Change and Energy in Africa
- Greening the Gap: How Investing in Technology Access and Education Can Help Africa Cope with Climate Change
This special report provides a great overview of the questions and concerns that will face world representatives in Copenhagen in December 2009, especially considering that approximately one quarter of the parties to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) will come from Africa.