The 14th Annual North American Forum titled “North American Prosperity and Security What’s Next?” takes place in Ottawa October 14-16, 2018.
There remains a significant degree of uncertainty and turbulence in continental affairs. At the heart of this uncertainty and turbulence are, of course, the still unresolved negotiations concerning the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) but continental dynamics go well beyond the NAFTA. Drawing on an audience of influential political, business and academic leaders from each of Canada, Mexico and the United States, the North American Forum will take a close look at the current challenges and opportunities for the three countries:
- The North American Free Trade Agreement: On Death's Door or Poised for Dynamic Renewal?
- North America as a Global Competitor: Coming to Terms with Asian Dragons and Tigers
- Economic Growth and Job Creation: North American Prospects and Challenges
- Energy and Transportation: Maximizing Continental Cooperation
- North America as an Innovation Powerhouse: Maintaining Global Leadership
- Immigration, Migration and Security: Responding to Opportunities and Threats
- Foreign Policy: Perspectives on How Canada, Mexico and the United States See the World