This workshop will bring together leading academics and policy-makers from a variety of disciplines and regions. Participants include:
- Dilip Ratha (Director, Global Knowledge Partnership on Migration and Development, World Bank)
- Irena Omelaniuk (Global Forum on Migration and Development)
- John Monahan (Mosaic Institute)
- Alan Gamlen (Oxford University Diaspora Programme)
- Imelda Nicholas (Chairperson of Commission on Filipinos Overseas)
- Awil Mohamoud (Africa Diaspora Policy Centre, Netherlands)
- Peter Schatzer (IOM)
This workshop is an opportunity to hear from prominent researchers and thinkers about the challenges and possibilities for engaging global and Canadian diasporas in development.
The workshop starts on Monday May 27 at 8:45 a.m. in the Multipurpose Room
(142) with an opening address by Dilip Ratha.
The event features panels on Global Governance and Diaspora Engagement, Diasporas and Multi Lateral Engagement, Diaspora Engagement from the Global South, Diaspora Engagement in the North, Diaspora Networks in Development and New Initiatives in Diaspora Engagement. The Conference concludes with a roundtable including speakers from DFAIT, CIDA, IDRC, CIDA and International Metropolis.
For more information on the Diasporas Project, visit our website. To obtain a draft program, please see the link below. For media interested in covering this event, please consult the media advisory at this link.
|Diasporas, Development and Governance Workshop Agenda.pdf||563.16 KB|