The final workshop in a series of three workshops
This project is developing a framework for an Energy Partnership for the Americas which goes beyond bilateral agreements and adopts a regional approach towards sustainable growth and clean energy. The objective of this project is to provide a blueprint for this new partnership. This blueprint will explore, and ultimately define, pathways capable of delivering solutions to many issues, including (but not exclusively):
- the appropriate energy mix for the different countries in the hemisphere;
- the infrastructure and technology necessary to boost output and delivery;
- the particulars of the public-private alliances and interactions needed to fulfill the integration objectives;
- challenges of addressing the environmental agenda while delivering economic development alongside greater energy production; and
- the role of domestic agencies and international institutions in the governance of the many aspects of a formalized partnership.
This initiative is a collaboration between scholars and receives support from the Center for International Governance and Innovation (Canada), the Council on Foreign Relations ( U.S.), Centro Brasileiro de Relações Internacionais (Brazil), and University of West Indies (Trinidad and Tobago).
The final workshop in the series of three workshops. Hosted by the Centro Brasileiro de Relações Internacionais (CEBRI)