Participating in CIGI's conference "The New Geometry of Global Summitry: The Future of the G20 (and the G8)", Jacques Mistral answers the questions:
1. The G20 — Financial Rescue Squad, Economic Steering Committee or Political Clearing House?
2. How can the G20 be made more effective?
3. What can we do to elicit more discussion?
4. What are your thoughts on a flexible secretariat?
5. Should non-members be invited?
Jacques Mistral is Head of Economic Studies, Institut Français des Relations Internationales.