On April 7, 2020 CIGI joined think tanks from around the world to discuss their solidarity and commitment to save lives and livelihoods amid the COVID-19 pandemic. The first Global Think Tank Town Hall included a call to action for those on the front lines with innovative policies and programs.
Join us for the Second Global Think Tank Town Hall on May 13, 2020 from 8:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. EDT (UTC-04:00) that will cover five issue areas and working groups that will develop an evidence response to some of the immediate and longer term challenges posed by the COVID-19 crisis.
1. Addressing the public health crisis
2. Preparing national and international strategies for economic recovery revitalization
3. Identifying innovative and inclusive, public and private intervention strategies to help vulnerable groups
4. Fostering international cooperation — creating rapid, responsive and resilient systems to respond to future crises
5. Being fit for an uncertain future — new operating models for think tanks, research, communications and funding
The strategic objective will be to produce five short, action oriented, reports within 45 days following the Second Global Think Tank Town Hall. These will be conveyed to national governments, regional and global intergovernmental organizations, the G7 and G20.