Since April 7, 2020 CIGI joined think tanks from around the world to discuss their solidarity and commitment to save lives and livelihoods amid the COVID-19 pandemic. The First Global Think Tank Town Hall included a call to action for those on the front lines with innovative policies and programs. The Second Global Think Tank Town Hall advanced the thinking of the five working groups.
Join us for the Third Global Think Tank Town Hall on June 30, 2020 from 8:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. EDT (UTC-04:00)
The Third Town Hall will feature an opening plenary panel of thought leaders who will provide their thoughts on how we should respond to the strategic and operational challenges posed by the pandemic and their plans and suggestions for meeting the policy challenges facing their respective countries.
The plenary session will be followed by presentations and discussion of the five working group reports. Hear what policies and actions many of the leading think tanks in the world will propose to address the pandemic and the social, economic impact of the crisis. There are close to 150 scholars and executives working to produce evidence based, action oriented, rapid responses to catastrophic crisis. The working groups are as follows:
- Addressing the Public Health Crisis
- Preparing National and International Strategies for Economic Recovery and Revitalization
- Identifying Innovative and Inclusive, Public and Private Intervention Strategies to Help Vulnerable Groups
- Fostering International Cooperation — Creating Rapid, Responsive, and Resilient Systems to Respond to Future Crises
- Being Fit for an Uncertain Future: New Operating Models for Think Tanks — Research, Communications and Funding
The Third Town Hall will close with a call for action and a discussion of the most effective ways to promote the strategies and proposals generated by the working groups.