To celebrate the 2019 World Intellectual Property (IP) Day, the Canadian Intellectual Property Office and the Centre for International Governance Innovation are pleased to invite you to a panel discussion on IP in sports innovation. The panel will be followed by a networking session and reception.
This is a great opportunity for IP and sport enthusiasts to connect and explore how IP supports the global sports landscape and contributes to the innovations that improve the way we play.
The panel discussion will feature industry representatives and leading lawyers specialized in IP and sports law, as well as leading sports innovators, who will discuss the significance of IP in the sports industry. The panel includes:
- Moderator, Bassem Awad, Deputy Director of Intellectual Property Law, Centre for International Governance Innovation
- Jonathan Thériault, Lead Engineer, HockeyShot
- Susan H. Abramovitch, partner, Gowling WLG
- Blaine Hoshizaki, director, Neurotrauma Impact Science Lab, University of Ottawa
- Dr. Daniel Abram, chief technology officer, Shield-X Technology, Vancouver
There will be a question and answer period following the discussion.