This event is hosted by the Oliver Wyman Forum.
Global, traumatic events of unprecedented proportions are challenging our daily lives and future plans. The war in Ukraine is the most recent example. We are horrified by the tragedy unfolding and at the same time even more painfully conscious of the paramount role that dialogue plays. After much thought about whether it would be appropriate to hold this year’s Financial Regulatory Outlook Conference, we have decided to go ahead because we are convinced that opportunities to meet and exchange are now more important than ever.
The pandemic further accelerated the evolution of financial services to benefit from increased access to data and better technology, such as machine learning, to use this enhanced data. What has this evolution meant for the industry and its regulation, and what will it mean going forward?
Our conference will focus on these questions from three angles: overall structural drivers of change, the advent of digital currencies and the transformation of payment services. Policy makers will need to make important decisions in each of these areas, including how best to modernize payments processes; how to regulate stablecoins and other cryptoassets; whether to launch central bank digital currencies and how to structure them if they do; how to balance regulations based on activities versus entities when non-banks are picking up market share; how to protect privacy rights while capturing economic gains from data usage; and how to bolster cybersecurity. To view the agenda, please click here.
This year’s speakers include:
- Edward Bowles, Global Director Public Policy, Meta Financial Technologies
- Margarita Delgado, Deputy Governor, Bank of Spain
- Andreas Dombret, Global Senior Advisor, Oliver Wyman
- Robert Fay, Managing Director of Digital Economy, Centre for International Governance Innovation
- Sylvie Goulard, Second Deputy Governor, Banque de France
- Hedwige Nuyens, Managing Director, International Banking Federation
- Pietro Carlo Padoan, Chairman of the Board of Directors, UniCredit
- Fernando Restoy, Chair, Financial Stability Institute, Bank for International Settlements
- Giovanni Tria, Chairman, Fondazione ENEA Tech e Biomedical; Former Minister of Economy and Finance, Italy
- Sam Woods, CEO, PRA, Bank of England