The Centre for International Governance Innovation (CIGI) welcomes 12 fellows and experts who will lead and contribute to new research on refugee policy, Internet governance and environmental, economic and intellectual property law and innovation.
Conflict Management & Security
- James Milner has joined the Global Security Program as an expert on refugee policy and forced migration and will lead CIGI’s new Global Leadership and Cooperation for Refugees project.
Environment & Energy
- Silvia Maciunas is a senior research fellow with the International Law Research Program (ILRP) and will assess how climate change protection measures are affected by the international legal framework within the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change.
- Timiebi Aganaba-Jeanty is an ILRP post-doctoral fellow researching international environmental law, including international law and governance pertaining to space-based geoengineering interventions to combat climate change.
- Bernard Colas is a senior fellow contributing to the ILRP’s international environmental law stream through his research on law and governance innovations for simplifying the transfer of environmentally sustainable technologies from North to South.
Innovation & Productivity
- Giuseppina D’Agostino is a senior fellow for the ILRP who is collaborating with CIGI on her innovation clinic model, while operating the IP Osgoode Innovation Clinic.
- Richard Gold is an ILRP senior fellow with expertise on international intellectual property, comparative intellectual property and innovation policy with a research focus on the life sciences. He is a professor at McGill University’s Faculty of Law and founding director of the Centre for Intellectual Property Policy.
Internet Governance and Jurisdiction
- Eileen Donahoe is a distinguished fellow and a Global Commission for Internet Governance (GCIG) commissioner with expertise on global digital policy, international human rights and cybersecurity. She was first US Ambassador to the UN Human Rights Council in Geneva and director of global affairs at Human Rights Watch.
- Eric Jardine is a CIGI fellow on Internet governance. He recently authored, with Fen Osler Hampson, the book Look Who’s Watching: Surveillance, Treachery and Trust Online.
- David Mussington is a senior fellow with expertise on cybersecurity, cyberdefense and cybercrime and was Assistant Director of the Information Technology and Systems Division at the Institute for Defense Analyses (IDA).
- Latha Reddy is a distinguished fellow and a Commissioner on the Global Commission for Internet Governance (GCIG) with expertise on cyber security, internet governance, national security, and international cyber cooperation. Latha was also Ambassador of India to Portugal and Thailand and Consul-General in Durban, South Africa, as well as the Deputy National Security Advisor and Secretary, National Security Council Secretariat from 2011 to 2013.
- Paul Twomey is a distinguished fellow who focuses on Internet governance, e-commerce and cyber security, and is a GCIG commissioner). He has served as president and CEO of the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN).
Trade & Finance / Summits & Institutions
- Maziar Peihani is post-doctoral fellow with the ILRP whose research focuses on sovereign debt resolution and the legal and regulatory dimensions of reform initiatives currently unfolding in international sovereign debt markets.
For interview requests with any of CIGI’s experts, please contact [email protected]
We are the Centre for International Governance Innovation: an independent, non-partisan think tank with an objective and uniquely global perspective. Our research, opinions and public voice make a difference in today’s world by bringing clarity and innovative thinking to global policy making. By working across disciplines and in partnership with the best peers and experts, we are the benchmark for influential research and trusted analysis.